Monday, March 17, 2008

Spring Break Begins

So now it's Spring Break for the children! I am researching hotels etc. for the end of the week for San Antonio and Seaworld. I think the kids will enjoy that and hopefully the weather will be good.

We had a class meeting today to elect people to put our pinning ceremony together - and I was elected! I think it will be fun - maybe? At least if I have some input I can't complain if there is something I don't like, huh? The pinning is a week before our cap and gown ceremony for graduation. It is in a church and involves a "lamp procession" with the Florence Nightingale pledge - and of course the pinning. We ordered our pins today. Last week my honor ropes and stole arrived from Phi Theta Kappa so it is really starting to feel like graduation is near!

Last night I realized that I had a term paper due this morning - and I hadn't even started! I was VERY thankful at that moment for the internet and a connection into our school library and the nursing periodicals I needed. I got it done and turned in on time - the girl that carpools with me was just amazed that I could get it done. She said she struggled with hers for weeks! I asked her if she was a reader. She said she was not. I told her that was the reason - that started me thinking about growning up with a very big love of books and reading in general. When all else failed there was always an outdated encyclopedia in the bathroom to peruse! I think this has given me a really big advantage in school because I do find it relatively easy to write papers and essays. So a gi-huge-ic thank you to my Mother and Daddy for instilling in me a love of reading!

It has been a bit disjointed around here the last few days. Andrew left on Friday night for a ropes course retreat with the teens of the church. Brendan and Jamison had a sleepover at our church with the children's department - they made salvation bracelets and then went to a housing development to pass them out and play with the children there - they are training them for missions early! So last night we only had Melissa here at home with us - that felt really wierd! Missa enjoyed her Daddy's undivided attention thoroughly while Mommy worked frantically on her paper!

I am excited to be planning to go on a Work and Witness trip to Hattan, Sri Lanka in August with a team from our church. This is the first trip I am aware of from our church that has had a medical team going, and I am going to get to go as an RN! I attended a meeting yesterday but only found out that we won't know much about the medical team or what we will be doing for a few more weeks. I am still excited!

1 comment:

A Romantic Porch said...

So now that is all very interesting. Things are winding down, or is it up, for the next phase of your life. Enjoy!!! Have a wonderful week with the kiddos! xoRachel