Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Interview today...

I got the call yesterday... Could I come in and talk with the director of Labor and Delivery? Of course I could! So this morning I went to my top-choice hospital and interviewed with three different people in the L&D department. I told Randy "I have never been high enough on the totem pole to get interviewed by multiple people before!" It seems like every job he has ever had he does mulitple interviews and now that he is director of something-or-other, he is part of that process. But never having a license or degree before, I have always just been interviewed by the person over whatever job I was in, and that was it!

Okay, have I strung you out long enough? I GOT the INTERNSHIP!!! I am so excited! The director also said I should plan to go ahead with any vacation plans I already had made - this means I still get to go on the medical missions trip to Sri Lanka in August - and we hope to take the kids to DisneyWorld this summer! I just love the department. She took me on a tour and it has the latest and greatest in equipment. The best part is that it is a Christian hospital! I literally had to sign a contract that states that the mission is to "extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ" and I would do everything in my power to further this mission. I just love the wonderful way the Lord has put pieces in place to put me in such a great fit!

Melissa is doing well enough to drive me crazy now. She is feeling much better and getting into everything! She told me a bit ago that she needed to do a "collage" -and asked me what I wanted in my collage! Her vocabulary just blows me away!

The cutest thing: on Sunday Jamison earned a Ty Beanie Baby from Sunday School. He came home with it and promptly ripped the little heart-shaped tag off - I don't think he every subscribed to the whole "great investment" rumor on the things! ;-P Anyway, Missa found the tag on the coffee table and Randy caught her with it stuffed up under her shirt. He asked her what she was doing and she told him "It's a heart, Daddy! And see...(opening it up) you can open it up and JESUS is inside! Here, you can try it!" You just have to wonder what goes on in those little minds, huh?

Tomorrow we have tickets to the world-famous "Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo"! I have gone a time or two in the past, and it is always interesting. I am going with two girlfriends from church. I think it will be fun - I guess we will see. Anybody know anything about Toby Keith? That is supposed to be the entertainer for the night. I'll check back in and let you know what it was like. For now... have a great night!

2 comments:

A Romantic Porch said...

Naomi, Congratulations, that is wonderful, awesome, fabulous and all the other huge and amazing words that I'm not thinking of right now. I'm so happy for you. You've worked hard for this. xoRachel

Dori Overman said...

Congrats! I'm glad you got it!