Saturday, March 8, 2008

Saturday, March 8


What a week! Jamison woke up croupy last Saturday and was home from school all week. The doctor thought he had pneumonia so we were doing nebulizer treatments every four hours. By Friday he was doing enough better to be bored with home and Mommy - and quite frankly, I am getting cabin fever! But he finally sounds much better so it's back to school for him for one week (the week after is Spring Break!).

So we spent this morning at the church doing registration for our Upward basketball program. This has been an incredible outreach for our church and Randy and I have been involved since we started the program several seasons ago. Randy is one of the co-directors for the basketball program and last fall we started a cheer program to go along with the basketball - and guess who is director of that?? You got it! I just can't say no! Since I have to do so many community service hours for my degree, I can kill two birds with one stone.

When we got up this morning Melissa informed me that she was "not feeling well"! I am afraid our three-year-old is a bit of a hypochondriac! I usually respond by asking her where she hurts and normally she can't really answer me! This morning she couldn't really answer me but she asked if she could have a "bweaving tweatment". She has seen Jamison getting his all week and is just fascinated! I told her she didn't really need one and we set off for the church. We got home around 2:30 and I laid down with Melissa for a nap - and guess what? Yep! Melissa just woke up from her nap sounding like a freight train hauling up a steep mountain! The good news? Next week is my spring break. The bad news? I have cabin fever!!

I got a phone call yesterday from the hospital where I hope to do my internship in Labor and Delivery and the Newborn Nursery. They would like to hire me for a position as a tech/unit secretary on nights "as needed". This is exciting because it will only be for the time between now and graduation (EIGHT weeks!) and it puts my internship application to the top of the pile! Randy and I actually think nights will work well for us right now because I can sleep while the kids are at school and be here when they get home for homework etc.

I have been making hairbows, hats, beaded socks and such like in my spare time. I know, WHAT spare time? I must confess that the housework often gets put off in favor of crafty things these days! I have to spend so much time studying and doing school work that the crafty stuff is a great stress relief for me. I have been making bows shaped like the Disney princesses. I found the designs on ebay and bought the patterns - when I started making them I wasn't really that crazy about the face that the designer had so I covered a small button with the same ribbon as the skin color and used that instead. They are really cute! I will try to post a photo of the pattern - you can imagine a small button instead of the ribbon loop they use as the face.

My friend Sandie and I have been selling beaded socks - she teaches at a private school and the parents are snatching them up like crazy. I don't know a total count of how many we have made, but I would estimate around 90 or 100. We are thinking we may just keep building our inventory and try to do a craft show this fall. I don't know if we will, but for now it is fun and keeping me sane!

I need to go sort out some supper for the troops...

3 comments:

A Romantic Porch said...

Naomi, How awesome to hear from you.(squealing with delight) Your bows are absolutely adorable of course. I'm so glad I found you. Love,Rachel
P.S. Duty is calling...i'll check back.

Dori Overman said...

I want to know how to make those socks. My girls love them! Send me that pattern! Please?

Dori Overman said...

oh, and my girls are going to NEED some of those!