Saturday, March 22, 2008

...and Spring Break ends!


We decided it would be fun to take the kids to SeaWorld. Great idea...BAD day to do it! It was apparently the last day of spring break for every person in the entire United States and many foreign countries! I spent much of my day in a line! It took over two hours to get food for lunch and we had to wait over an hour to get into the stadium to see Shamu and then RUN to get seats! Don't you think with all their sophisticated equipment for ticketing etc they would get to some point where they would just say "So sorry, we are at capacity for the day" but I guess the price of a ticket is more important!


Melissa and I mostly waited holding seats for shows - I have discovered that the rides were much more fun about 20 years ago - or at least my memories of them (what few I went on at that time) were more fun. Now it just seems like a great way to get whiplash - and a sore throat! I have never enjoyed heights - now I just HATE them! Anyway, it was a real blast to watch Melissa - she was so enthralled to see the dolphins, the beluga whales and the killer whales. The Viva show is done with acrobats and the dolphins, belugas and synchronized swimmers. Melissa sat there with the biggest smile on her face. When the synchronized swimmers starting doing their thing she was just awestruck - "Look, ballerinas in the water, Mommy!!" And she can't stop talking about "Shampoo" - (Shamu) All the waiting in line did pay off and we had excellent seats for the show featuring Shamu and she had a really good view. I had more fun watching her face than the whales!


Needless to say we were quite shattered when we got home around midnight. The children did seem to enjoy themselves. It was only a few dollars extra to get season passes so we did that - that means we get to go back - but you better believe I'm gonna do my best to NOT go on such a busy day!


I got the official call on Wednesday to come sign my contract for the internship so it is all official now! I am so thankful to have it all signed and set up. So many in my class are still looking or waiting - I love knowing where I will be and am so thrilled with what lies ahead in Labor and Delivery.


My sister Karla has a really interesting blog (you can click on it over to the right there (called "Roads to Everywhere") and she had posted a really funny memory of when we girls were much younger. It had a neat ending this week - the memory has to do with a singing trio called "The White Sisters" (go read it - it is really fun!) anyway one of the sisters contacted Karla this week - how cool is that? This group remains my all-time favorite close-harmony group and it was just a true delight to hear that they are still around (they were popular with us in the 60's and 70's).


Well, I better get the remaining two kids to bed. Andrew and Brendan have special premission to stay up to watch "The Sound of Music" but it is very nearly over so I need to start herding. Have a wonderful Easter and remember HE IS RISEN!!

1 comment:

A Romantic Porch said...

Happy Easter, Naomi! Love,Rachel