Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday Musings

Well folks, it's Monday evening and I don't feel as though I got much accomplished at all today! Don't you just hate days like that? I got called to work the telemetry floor at the hospital yesterday so I was just plain tired which didn't help!

Funny notes I have been meaning to post: Missy is on the toilet (we have the most interesting conversations there!)

Missy: Mommy, we pra-tissed for the BIG tomato today!
Me: You did? Why whatever did you do?
Missy: Well, we all went in to the gulls bafroom - even da BOYS - and then Miss. Bwenda camed with the fwashwight!
Me: What were you practicing for again?
Missy: The big tomato!
Me: What is a tomato?
Missy: It is very big and it comes outside!...And THEN we practice for the fire dwill! We go stand by the fence on the playground until Miss Cwista comes to tell us it is all okay!
Me: Oh, it's a great idea to have a fire drill. But what is a tomato?
Missy: We alweady talked about that!

I finally figured out that the "tomato" was a tornado drill! We have those here in the south so I asked Miss Christa and yes, they had had a tornado drill at her preschool that day! I get such a kick out of my little girl though!

Yesterday I was working at the hospital (oh yeah, I already told you that, huh? See.... I am tired!) Anyway, we admitted several patients and I was running like crazy to get everything done. I walked into this one room and the patient was lying in bed with nary a tooth in her head! She turned around as she was gumming her supper and asked me if I knew how her bowels were gonna work! I guess I looked puzzled because she felt the need to clarify: "Well, they gave me a nin-uh-mah in the ER and I was wonderin' if I could use my bowels" - I had to run get something from the medication room in a hurry!

I ended this rather strange day by stumbling across this Christian comedian. If you have heard or seen Tim Hawkins, you can just skip right down and post a comment about the rest of my blog and make my day. For the rest of you, go check out his website and watch some of these clips: here. I guarantee a good belly laugh to finish up your day! And then you can still go post on my blog!

3 comments:

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

Humor is the spice of life. Oh, wait. That's variety, isn't it? What is humor then? It oughta be something!

A Romantic Porch said...

The big tomato...how totally cute. I just love the things they say. Mine calls poison ivy...iby poibon. I can't bear to correct her because I know she'll outgrow it soon enough. xoRachel

Aliene said...

What a cute story of a sweet little girl. And the en-uh ma
was hilarious. A laugh in the morning really helps you to start your day. So you have made this day for me. Be sure to read GOODNIGHT on my page. No telling what you may find! Love you!