Tuesday, July 29, 2008

More from Disney

Monday was Epcot Center day and my camera died early in the day! I had reservations for the Akershus in the Norway area for supper. I knew that there would be a princess there, but we were happily surprised to be visited by four over the course of the evening! Jasmine, Aurora, Cinderella and Belle all were there! My sister asked about a picture with Cinderella on my last post - Cinderella was in the castle and posed photographs were taken by the royal photographer and given to each little princess during the meal. They presented them to us in a beautiful folder with an 8x10 photo of the castle on one side and and 8x10 of the two princesses (Cinderella and Melissa) on the other. It also included four smaller copies of the same photo. During this meal they did the same with Belle - so we have some really excellent pictures of Melissa with the two princesses - but I don't have a scanner here so you will have to wait to see!

On to Tuesday! This is the tree that is the focal point to Animal Kingdom. If you can't see the carvings on it, click on the picture and enlarge it - this is a really cool design...

FINALLY! A character shoot the boys can really enjoy! This is Rafiki from "The Lion King".
And since today is Brendan's birthday, we are thrilled that he gets to see his very favorite friend - Stitch! He was so excited!
And there is time for one final princess...Pochohontas! Melissa has been stumbling over her name all week, but KNEW she was a princess - whatever her name is! The most common name she gave her was "Ra-ponnus" - I think she was probably combining Rapunzul and Pochohontas into one unique name!

We are tired and have suitcases of laundry to do when we get home, but we have done our best to see and do everything we could. I think the kids all have had a great time but we are all ready to get home. We are going "park hopping" tomorrow to do a last few things we didn't have time for. We have to be back here at the resort by 5:30 to get to the airport for our flight so I won't get to post again until I get home - for now enjoy all the stuff I have posted over the last few hours!

1 comment:

A Romantic Porch said...

Oh my I just now realized you were taking us along on this fun adventure. I guess I'm taking MY vacation today. Thank you for the blast! It was wonderful! Love, Rachel