Wednesday, August 13, 2008

More of Sri Lanka

The medical team in the Houston airport before departure. Amy Thomas (in the middle), Andrea Harper (on the right) and me!


On the way across the country to get to the Nazarene Compassionate Ministries Center, we stopped at an eating establishment which was on the site where the movie "The Bridge on the River Kwai" was filmed. I have never seen the movie, but it was certainly a beautiful corner of the world.
The road leading from the airport was very rough, twisty and windey! We drove approx 75 miles and it took us four and a half hours! I had always thought the roads in Arkansas where my parents lived were bad, however they aren't even close! When we arrived at the Center, the bus that had been hired to transport us and all our luggage and equipment could not make it up the hill to the Center so we were forced to walk up! This is the bus stalled out at the bottom of the hill.
Pastor Scott, Ted Diehr and John Rezac enjoy a pizza at the Dubai Airport. For some strange reason they served ketchup with it!


The man with the cast-iron stomach! Pastor Scott chose to eat curry for lunch and it was incredibly HOT!! I thought I could eat spicy (after all the Cajun food I grew up on) but this stuff was just unbelievable!

No comments: